Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Get stuffed

So, Damien Hirst has a retrospective at the Tate Modern. I was tempted, but then I read a review of the exhibition written by his final degree show examiner. And maybe not. I saw Damien's early stuff at an exhibition at the Serpentine in the early 90s (yes I am really that old) and it was good, really good. It came up and grabbed me and made me laugh. And I want to remember this and not have to look at a decaying cows head covered in blood and flies or a skull covered in diamonds. That does not grab me or make me laugh. So I am not going.

But I did go to Bristol Museum this week. People have been stuffing animals for a long time. Amazing display.

That's me and my new hero - Alfred the Gorilla

Chimp from a different angle

The Dead Bee (thanks Sam)

No comments:

Post a Comment