Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bananas

I do like a good banana. It is essential that they are just the right shade of yellow before I will eat them - they have to be mainly yellow with a nice streak of green. Not too green or they will be hard to peel and even harder inside. Never, ever will I eat a banana that has become yellow with little brown spots. Bleugh. I have even seen people eating bananas that are almost completely brown. That is just plain disgusting. Do these people have no taste?

Anyway, the key to a perfect banana. Choose your bananas at the slightly too green stage and allow them to ripen to the perfect stage (see above). Then put them in the fridge. They will keep at the perfect stage for about 3 days. This amazing discovery means that I don't have to go banana shopping every day, leaving me time to pursue my other interests.

What happens if your bananas turn brown? RUN VERY FAST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment